Fall is definitely in the air! I love everything about this season from the cool breeze to the changing colours of the falling leaves. Considering my love for this season, I thought it would be fitting to dabble in the areas of: Fall fashion, rustic decor, DIY projects, outdoor adventures, seasonal baked goods and warm scents. And since October is here, I thought it was time to share some tips, tricks, and trends to make this Halloween spoke-tacular for you and your family.
1. Get cozy in a chunky knit sweater like this indie-style ModCloth skull sweater. Pair this trendsetting piece with a pair of faux leather leggings for one daring look.
3. Throw a zombie party and swap those bottle and jar labels with these free spooky printables.
4. Challenge each member of the family to decorate their own pumpkin without using any carving tools. Like this vintage inspired no-carve pumpkin covered in black lace. A safe and creative way to getting unique designs.
5. Go on a nature walk with your family and collect some fallen leaves. Lay them under a piece of paper and use warm coloured crayons to make rubbings for a fun art in the park activity.
6. Take a hike through a scenic woodsy trail and pack a light picnic.
7. Rake up all the leaves in your yard and make a big pile to jump in and toss around for some outdoor play.
11. Assemble a Fall floral arrangement for your coffee table to bring an Autumn-ish feel inside your home.
13. Decorate your front porch with gourds, scarecrows, and mums to get in the spirit of the coming festivities.
15. Visit a pumpkin patch at a local farm and pick your own pumpkin. Spend a Sunday afternoon taking a scenic wagon ride and venture through hay bales and corn mazes. Click here to find a pumpkin farm in the GTA. Go on to visit an outdoor Haunted Halloween attraction if you’re brave enough.
16. Pamper yourself with a fabulous Fall-scented candle, like this soy-wax Pumpkin Spice which guarantees to indulge your senses.
Here are some other recommended products: