Celebrate Thanksgiving this year with this festive artistic creation. Have your entire family join in on the fun with just four simple steps and materials that you’ll need to “give thanks”. Now, get started by lending a “hand”, excuse the pun.
1. Construction paper (orange, yellow, red, and brown)
2. Glue stick
4. Black marker/pencil
1. With a pencil, trace each of your family’s handprints onto a different colour of construction paper.
2. Cut out each drawn handprint.
3. Glue the handprints by layering them in order of size (smallest to largest)
4. Add the final touches:
- Cut-out center for body and draw on facial features.
- You may choose to write your own message or add your family name/crest/date, etc.
- Decide how you would like to display this family-made craft (i.e., framed and mounted on a decorative background of your choice).
Kick off this collaborative work of art with a Turkey-inspired fun-filled sing aloud!
I recommend I’m A Turkey! by Jim Arnosky as a great storybook to get everyone in the festive spirit. This fun and factual song about turkeys is sure to entertain the whole family and is perfectly suited for sharing around this Thanksgiving holiday.
Link to amazon
You can even download the song sung by the author from Scholastic’s web site.
Made with love,
The Urban Hippie Mom